Create new content block/page - (back to top)
Sample Embedded Video Content:
Click the Create Embedded Video (YouTube) link on the Admin Tools menu
to bring up the following options on the Embedded Video edit screen:
- Title: (Required) This is the title of the video (ignore Video Title, below)
- YouTube URL: (Required) The 'Share' URL for the desired video taken from the YouTube site (see Get video URL, below)
- Video Title: (NOT USED) This field is not visible to the user
- Video Description: (NOT USED) This field is not visible to the user
- Full Description: Enter any desired text or description to accompany the video
An Embedded Video content block is essentially a page devoted solely to a video, rather than including it inside existing content (see Embed within existing content, below). This is most effective when the video itself will be referenced by multiple other pages or locations, meaning the other pages can simply link to the single video, rather than adding the video to each of the other pages.
Embed within existing content - (back to top
Paste ONLY the text of the URL into the desired location. Using the ? External Links functionality will create a standard text link to the video on YouTube, and will not show a preview of the video.
- Navigate to desired video on YouTube
Copy the URL in the browser's Address bar
- Click the share button beneath the video (see image)
Copy the Link to this video url text
This URL may look incorrect (such as: "youtu.be/..."), but it is properly formatted.
Hide 'related videos' from appearing at end of play- (back to top)
After navigating to the desired video on YouTube:
- Click 'Share'
- Click 'Embed'
- Make sure 'Show suggested videos when the video finishes' is unchecked
(this adds the parameter "?rel=0" that tells the player NOT to show related videos)
- Copy the highlighted text
- Paste the text into Notepad (PC) or TextEdit (Mac)
- Remove everything except the URL.
Of the following original embed text below, we want only what is bolded here:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The URL is different from both the short version in the Share field ("http://youtu.be/McVTEA2M4ss") and the main browser URL ("http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McVTEA2M4ss"). The crucial item for hiding related videos is the "?rel=0" parameter, but simply adding this parameter to the end of the other URLs will not produce the proper result. You must use the URL containing the word "embed", along with the "?rel=0" parameter
- Copy the remaining URL and paste it into the YouTube URL field
- Proceed as normally, whether creating a new content block/page or embedding within existing content