YouTube videos can be embedded in the CMS as either its own content block or within existing content.
- Create new content block/page
- Embed within existing content
- Create Popup Video (Promo Items Only)
- Get video URL
In either case, the video must first available on a USM's official YouTube account.
Sample Embedded Video Content:
Create new content block/page - (back to top)
Click the Create Embedded Video (YouTube) link on the Admin Tools menu to bring up the following options on the Embedded Video edit screen:
- Title: (Required) This is the title of the video (ignore Video Title, below)
- YouTube URL: (Required) The 'Share' URL for the desired video taken from the YouTube site (see Get video URL, below)
- Video Title: (NOT USED) This field is not visible to the user
- Video Description: (NOT USED) This field is not visible to the user
- Full Description: Enter any desired text or description to accompany the video
Embed within existing content - (back to top)
Pasting the video URL into the body of a Text Editor entry of most of the other content types will automatically embed the video at that point in the content, with a preview image of the video, ready to play.
Get video URL - (back to top)
There are 2 ways to get a video URL:
- Navigate to desired video on YouTube
Copy the URL in the browser's Address bar
- Click the share button beneath the video (see image)
Copy the Link to this video url text